PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number.
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
PickUpMyJunkCar.com, owners keeps track of non-personally identifiable information such as the IP address of the user's computer , time of access, browser type andfiles downloaded to gather usage statistics for its web site. IP addresses are not associated with other information about a user, but only indicate general visitor navigation patterns. PickUpMyJunkCar.com website has embedded tags that allow some third party entities such as Twitter, Facebook and Google Analytics to collect non-personally identifiable usage statistics.
PickUpMyJunkCar.com does not collect personal information through our website other than what is supplied to us on a voluntary basis or open source clause. Images are not collected and will not be used for any purpose. You must be 18 years of age to make any contractual purchases of this web property without the expressed or implied permission from our website, PickUpMyJunkCar.com its owners, agents, assignee's and operators, representatives and or agents,thereof.
SUBMISSION AND PROCESSING OF INFORMATION When you subscribe or sign up as a member, consumer to the Website and/or the Service, PickUpMyJunkCar.com may ask or require you to submit information for certain personally identifiable information. This personally identifiable information may include information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number ("Personal Information.") You must agree to the terms & conditions of this website before making any comments or leaving any reviews on any posting.
If a User elects to subscribe for the Service or access one of our other fee-based services, the Personal Information of that User may also include certain financial information such as debit or credit card information provided by that User. Each User has no standing in making any decisions, herein. A User is considered a consumer of products/services only.
By registering, or engaging in any other kind of activity or transaction that uses financial information on the Website, you consent to our providing your financial information to our service providers and to such third parties as we determine necessary to support and process your activities and transactions, as well as to your debit or credit card issuer for their purposes. These third parties may include the debit/credit card companies, data processing companies and banking institutions used to process and support your transaction or activity.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize the website according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognize you when you return to our website.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Transmission of data and information via the Website is not a secure or encrypted transmission method for sending your Personal Information, unless otherwise indicated on the Website. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that any information and personal data carried over the Internet is not secure. Personal Information may be intercepted, lost, redirected, corrupted, changed and accessed by other people.
Nevertheless, PickUpMyJunkCar.com is committed to using all reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information collected through the Website against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Consequently, we limit employees' access to Personal Information collected through the Website to only those employees who need access to the information in the performance of their official duties.
Employees who have access to this information are required to follow appropriate procedures in connection with any disclosures of Personal Information. We protect any debit or credit card information provided by the User by revealing only the last four digits of a User's debit/credit card number when confirming a subscription or order, but is required to transmit the entire debit/credit card number to its debit/credit card processor during processing.
In addition, we set strict security standards to prevent any unauthorized access to your Personal Information once we have received it and wherever possible we will use adequate security software and working procedures to ensure the security of your personal data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of Personal Information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect online. These measures include limiting the number of people who have physical access to PickUpMyJunkCar.com database servers, as well as electronic security systems and password protections which guard against unauthorized access.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if you have consented to such disclosure. In addition, we may disclose or provide access to your Personal Information to third parties without your consent for the following reason:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if PickUpMyJunkCar.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will, in most instances, be one of the transferred assets;
- if we ask a third party to carry out data analysis, cleansing and/or market research on our behalf;
- for the purpose of validating the identity of the user and/or conducting background checks; or
- if we have a good faith belief that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (such as in connection with a law enforcement request, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process), or in order to enforce or apply our policy or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PickUpMyJunkCar.com, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHANGES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION It is both in our interest and yours to store and process accurate Personal Information. If the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, where appropriate, you may have your Personal Information corrected by us on request. Please contact us to update any of your Personal Information by addressing our customer support team.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet Service Providers(ISPs) utilized and other similar information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION PickUpMyJunkCar.com collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site. This will help us personalize user experience and serve our users better.
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our users to improve our site
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. To make online purchases you must use an SSL-enabled browser in order to protect the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it is transmitted over the Internet. Access by you to your account is available through a password and/or unique user name selected by you. This password is encrypted. Remember, we do not sell, trade or store your information for any reason. However, we do keep records for transaction purposes to keep track of sales for tax purposes. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone, that you change your password often using a combination of letters and numbers, and that youensure you use a secure web browser. We cannot be held accountable for activity that results from your own neglect to safeguard the secrecy of your password and user name. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of your account after you are finished, in order to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing.
These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
COMPLIANCE WITH CHILDREN'S PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT(COPPA) PickUpMyJunkCar.com understands Google along with all other web browsers must adhere to any and all laws, of any and all States with the United States and abroad when anyone under the age of 18 years old is involved. PickUpMyJunkCar.com is law compliant. PickUpMyJunkCar.com does not hire children to perform any work on this web property or for the company itself. Children are not allowed to peruse, join, read, write or co-join this website. Children is defined as a personunder the age of 18 years age, no matter if they are emancipated or not, or they are the ward of court jurisdictions. Children are not allowed to contract or make any purchases whatsoever, therefore, this includes services and or products from PickUpMyJunkCar.com .
CONTACTING US If you have any questions about this Terms of Service, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at our legal department by email. Remember, if you identify a copyright infringement please notify our legal department immediately.
This document was last updated on January 21, 2015