Avoiding Fraud & Scams Pickup My Junk Car is not partnered with any junk car buyer and seller listed in the Site. We are an online junk, damaged and salvaged car listing service that connects junk car buyers with car owners(sellers) only. We do not have any authority to any listing information about a particular car posted directly by car owner(seller). We don't guarantee or endorse transactions, and do not handle any payments between a buyer and a seller.Pickup My Junk car is not a junk yard and does not provide any car storage service.
Fraud & Scam Avoiding Tips
- Try to deal with buyer or seller that you can be in direct contact, and the best way is to deal with local buyers or sellers. It will help you avoid scams almost 100% and make payments on the spot.
- Do not share your address via email to anyone you don't know.Get their phone number talk to them and arrange a meeting
- Never provide financial information(bank account, social security, paypal account, etc)to anyone
- Make sure to inspect cars before buying from the seller. Don't send money in advance. Always arrange car pickup date and time. Make the payment on the spot.
- Make sure you fully understand local State Laws to transfer title to the car you are purchasing
- Get a car history report from CARFAX.COM. A car history report can provide useful information, such as who owner of the car title. Try to obtain car VIN number from the seller.
We regularly monitor every single car listing, and all suspicious and fraudulent car listings and buyer/seller accounts are removed immediately.We hide your email address from users who haven't sent you any price offer and vice versa.Only email address is disclosed when you approve offer.
How to report Fraud & Scam
- If you suspect any email as Fraudulent or Scam, just send the email address to email@example.com and we will take necessary action.
- Every car details page in Pickupmyjunkcar.com has a link, "Report Scam", at the bottom of page. Just click on the link to report a potential Scam to Pickupmyjunkcar.com. We will verify the listing and remove it from our system.
- Report compliant related to internet crime to Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- Federal Trade Commission(FTC) complaint form and hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department